Apple Tart Topped with
Salted Caramel Ice-Cream
- 12-inch pie crusts
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chopped peeled apples
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Heat oven to 400º F.
- Mix 1/2 cup sugar and the flour in large bowl. Stir in apples. The sugar-flour mixture
will not all stick to the apples; that’s OK.
- Spread the apple mixture uniformly from the center of the dough circle to within 2
inches of edge. Fold edge of dough over apple mixture; crimp edge of dough slightly.
- Mix 2 tablespoons sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples and dough.
- Cut 1 tablespoon butter into 5 or 6 small pieces; spread on top of the apples.
- Bake 27 to 32 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Cut into wedges. Serve warm drizzled with caramel topping.